Subject: Re: emulators/stella won't compile
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/16/2004 03:17:48
In article <Pine.OSF.4.58.0406090103430.13905@pegasus.cs.csubak.edu> Dave wrote:

: I updated the pkgsrc tree earlier today and found that emulators/stella
: fails like this:

: ../emucore/m6502/src/M6502Hi.cxx:142: virtual memory exhausted

: What's with the "virtual memory exhausted"?  I've seen that pop up now and
: then with compiling certain CPU cores with Xmame.  That problem seemed
: related to the -O flags.  I'm using NetBSD 1.6.2, 512M ram and 2G swap.

  NetBSD limits the maximum amount of memory a single process can
allocate.  The amount allowed can be changed with ``ulimit -d''.  I've
fixed the package to increase the limit during compilation.  Please
update emulators/stella/Makefile.common and try again.

						yours,
						dillo