Subject: Re: Keeping pkglint quiet
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/12/2004 17:58:16
On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 06:39:15AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:42:04 -0400
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> > -        ${PYSETUP} install ${_PYSETUPINSTALLARGS})
> > +        ${PYSETUP} "install" ${_PYSETUPINSTALLARGS})
>
> No one has complained and one person sent me email that it was fine so I
> will go ahead.  However, I thought we were in a pkgsrc freeze and was
> going to wait but I see lots of updates to pkgsrc.  Should I wait or
> should I commit this?  If the freeze is already over I should also
> update the front page of the web site.

The freeze is on new functionality and infrastructure changes, to
allow us to fix up any of the packages which may have problems.  It
looks to me as if your proposed change would fit into the "we need
this in pkgsrc to make it a better place, since this would solve a
problem that people have seen", so I think you should go ahead and
commit it.

The freeze has, at most, another 9 days to run.

Regards,
Alistair