Subject: lyx-qt needs libiconv?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2004 08:13:26
I have built lyx several times in pkgsrc. Now I am using a buildlink3'd
qt3-libs which works fine for other packages.

lyx-qt build failed because of:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liconv

When it was doing the final g++ -o lyx it included -liconv.

But all the LIBICONV variables are set to nothing in the Makefiles.

HAVE_ICONV is undefined.

All the .la files that are buildlinked do not include iconv.

My work/lyx-1.3.4/config.log has:

configure:14172: checking for iconv
configure:14279: iconv.h: No such file or directory
configure:14264: result: no, consider installing GNU libiconv
am_cv_lib_iconv='no'
am_cv_func_iconv='no, consider installing GNU libiconv'
LIBICONV=''

There is no reference to liconv in the source other than in the configure
scripts.

Should we just include the libiconv buildlink3.mk?

I am guessing that when it used to use buildlink2.mk or recursive
dependencies it got pulled in from somewhere else.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on where this -liconv is accidently
being pulled in?

This is NetBSD 1.6.2_STABLE.

If you use lyx-qt (or other lyx) can you do a ldd and see if it uses
iconv?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/