Subject: Re: buildlink3 now requires libgcrypt 1.2.0 or higher
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/27/2004 16:38:44
On Thu, 27 May 2004 02:23:18 +0200
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 05:13:57PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I have libgcrypt-1.2.0 installed.
> >
> > Because the version changed from
> > lib/libgcrypt-pthread.so.11.0 to lib/libgcrypt.so.12.1 any dependencies
> > that use it should be bumped too.
>
> True.
>
> > Is it okay if I add a PKGREVISION to opencdk and increase
> > opencdk/buildlink3.mk like the following?
> > BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.opencdk+=     opencdk>=0.5.4nb1
>
> Yes. And similar things should be done for all of:

[list stripped]

Now that we have non-recursive dependencies, we should only bump
revisions for packages directly depending on a given one (in this
case, opencdk).

Yeah, it may happen that some packages that depend on a package that
depends on opencdk break too.  But if this happens, the former package
was missing a direct dependency on opencdk, so it should be corrected.

Isn't it?

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>