Subject: Open office 1.1.1 does not work with latest x from xsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/15/2004 13:27:55
Hi,

I built a new X server from xsrc (updated 2 days ago) and that installed fine.
I have just installed openoffice 1.1.1 from pkgsrc and it installed fine.
However when i run soffice for the first time i get the following error:

bash-2.05b$ ./soffice

  OpenOffice has not yet been set up for mark.
  Starting setup ...

  (If OpenOffice has already been set up for mark or you
  want to install it someplace other than /home/mark/OpenOffice.org1.1.1
  please abort the installation procedure now, set the $SOFFICE
  environment variable accordingly and rerun ./soffice.)

/usr/pkg/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/program/setup.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.so.6: undefined symbol: _ctype_

Done.  Starting OpenOffice ...

exec: /home/mark/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/soffice: not found

Has anybody experienced this?

Mark