Subject: Re: devel/bmake update
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/11/2004 09:49:09
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> I believe the rational was that bmake is installed during bootstrapping
> pkgsrc;  installing the bmake package afterwards overwrites the first
> instance and, if removed, breaks pkgsrc.

We can use the PKG_PRESERVE to make it harder for them to remove. (By the
way, I'd like PKG_PRESERVE to be set to some comment that can be
displayed.)

> We still need to work on bootstrap packages registering themselves in a
> somewhat different fashion.

And since it is not currently registered in the first place it would just
be overwritten (which should be okay).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/