Subject: Re: libiconv undefined references
To: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2004 12:57:29
--Xb8pJpF45Qg/t7GZ

hi,

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 04:35:10AM -0600, John R. Shannon wrote:
>=20
> After a recent update, I'm encountering some undefined references that di=
d not=20
> previously exist:
>=20
> undefined reference to `libiconv'
> undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
> undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
> undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
>=20
> Looking at iconv.h I see an unusual guard on the declarations:
>=20
> #ifndef LIBICONV_PLUG
> #define iconv_open libiconv_open
> #endif
>=20
> What is going on here? Please.

what's "a recent update"?  netbsd-1-6 -> netbsd-2-0 or -current?
when are you "encountering some undefined references"?  please provide
more precise information when you want others to help you..

there is native iconv() support in netbsd-2-0 and later, so libiconv
package is not needed (and used) anymore.  you will need to rebuild all
packages previously using converters/libiconv, though.  if this is your
problem, it was discussed several times on various mailing lists since
the support was added to -current.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --