Subject: TCFS package ready
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/05/2004 12:31:51
Okay this package is working, I'd like to see it imported into the tree:
http://vaxn8.tripod.com/tcfs/NetBSD162/tcfs-20000426nb1.tgz

It could be improved in many many ways, but I've put a lot of effort into it
so far and would like to see others be able to use it and maybe even help out.
Could you do whatever is necessary to get this into full distribution?

I think the only thing that may concern you is that I create a /usr/pkg/lkm.

It does *not* modify anything outside its work directory unless you install,
and even then it only does things in /usr/pkg.  It is a bit confusing since
the distributions are meant to be untarred to /, but this package conforms
to the normal build behavior by unpacking in the work dir.

There is one weirdness in that lkminit_tcfs.c gets compiled every time
you invoke "make real-build", but it's not harmful.