Subject: Re: problems installing pkgsrc packages; no such file /usr/pkg/PLIST
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/04/2004 14:13:51
In message <20040504155351.GN14115@dmath5.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at>, Thomas Klaus
ner writes:
>What's PLIST_SRC set to in the Makefile?

Nothing... but there is a PLIST file in the package directory.

>There is no security/tcfs package afaict, so probably this
>is an error there.

I'm trying to create a tcfs package.  It builds fine, but won't install.

However, I'm running into the same problems installing any other package,
such as pkgtools/pkgdiff or security/cfs.

I tried "touch /usr/pkg/PLIST" but then it complains about not being able
to find /usr/pkg/DESCR.  Why is it not using the PLIST in
/usr/pkgsrc/security/cfs, which is where I'm running "make install"?

Relevant history so far:
upgraded in-place from old NetBSD (1.4) to 1.6, then 1.6.1, then 1.6.2
untarred pkgsrc.tar.gz to /usr/pkgsrc
created a package /usr/pkgsrsc/security/tcfs; won't install b/c of this error
tried installing extant packages like cfs; same problem