Subject: SDL Issues With Mac OS X
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/03/2004 18:59:40
I've run into an interesting set of issues in trying to build SDL_net
on Mac OS X.3.3.  These are related to bmake vs. hand building SDL
and SDL_net.  For SDL and SDL_net, configuration doesn't work out
well.  In SDL's case, bmake runs through, but doesn't quite configure
everything correctly so that when SDL starts making, the make dies
during the build in the macrom directory.  If I do a manual configure
and then make, SDL builds just fine and bmake subsequently installs
it just fine as well.

I run the SDL_net configure problem when I go to bmake it after I do
the afore mentioned convolution.  During the configure phase for
SDL_net under bmake, configure dies when it checks for SDL version >
1.2.4.  When I hand run configure for SDL_net, configure runs all the
way through.  Why are there the differences between hand running
things and bmaking things?

P. S. To help me troubleshoot this kind of issue in the future, is
there a way I can capture the commands actually issued during bmaking
(and hand configuring and making)?
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us