Subject: pkgviews and "is already installed" and a pkg_* configuration file?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2004 12:04:36
I have:

PKG_INSTALLATION_PREFS= pkgviews overwrite

When I do a "bmake install" in net/gethost I get:

===>  gethost-0.03 is already installed.
*** Error code 1

I had done a pkg_delete before and it was successful, but bmake install
still did not work.

bmake deinstall worked and then bmake install worked.

I had same problem with gettext-lib. (My workaround for that was to
remove the empty directory /usr/pkg/packages/gettext-lib-0.11.5nb2.)

If using pkgviews maybe the pkg_* tools could be built to default to "-K
/usr/pkg/packages".

Or better yet, it would be nice to have a pkgtools.conf configuration
file that could say the same.

Has anyone worked on or thought of having a pkgtools.conf file?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/