Subject: Re: unexpected behaviour of PKG_CONFIG=no ...
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 10:51:30
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:49:06 +1000
Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> Now, I would expect that if these files are claimed to be
> automatically managed AND that they're not in ${PREFIX}/etc,
> that pkgsrc would install them and automatically manage them.

Yeah, those two files should be managed by pkgsrc uncoditionally.  The problem
is that setting PKG_CONFIG=NO disables the installation of files specified in
CONF_FILES and SUPPORT_FILES, wherever they are, which seems wrong to me.

Maybe the behavior should be changed so that PKG_CONFIG=NO only affects files
to be copied in PKG_SYSCONFDIR (so that any SUPPORT_FILES inside PREFIX get
installed properly)?

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>