Subject: Re: State of MacOS X support? (specifically HFS+)
To: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/22/2004 12:33:42
On Apr 21, 2004, at 11:20 PM, Dan Winship wrote:
> The installer won't let you, and it's not a supported configuration
> anyway.

It works fine to just partition the disk as an HFS+ partition over
firewire, and then install on that disk.   You might have to copy over
a Potemkin installation so that you can choose the Erase and Install
option in the installer, but I don't think so.

I wasn't able to get it to work if there was more than one partition on
the disk - then it would do an install, but the install wouldn't boot.
  Dunno why.

I've been running this configuration for ~4 months now, with no
problems, and pkgsrc and a full NetBSD build both work just fine.