Subject: Re: Sylpheed GTK 2 crash
To: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
From: Dan Winship <danw@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2004 17:54:29
On Apr 21, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Vincent wrote:
> there is a recurrent bug on which I stumble each time I use the search
> feature in the GTK2 port of Sylpheed 0.9.9. If the search string is not
> found or the "select all" option is checked, the program simply
> crashes. GDB gives that :

> 0x48674455 in vfprintf_unlocked () from /lib/libc.so.12

What OS are you on? Lots of gtk/gnome apps in the past have had
problems with debug printfs that don't check for NULL arguments,
because that doesn't cause a problem on Linux (or BSD for that matter),
but it will crash in the guts of printf on Solaris (and probably Irix
and anything else non-glibc/bsd-based).

(Assuming this is the bug, you'll still need to figure out where the
bad printf is so it can be patched.)

-- Dan