Subject: Re: pkg_comp interrupted--and then continued. Possible without
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2004 09:50:55
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:54:16 -0700
Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@SPAM.quake.ca> wrote:

> I was trying to rebuild a huge chunk of packages to replace my currently
> aging packages and have been using pkg_comp (with great success I might
> add.)
>
> Unfortunately I realized at one point that the "pkg_comp build [list of
> pkgs]" I was using must be interrupted because I had forgotten to get
> it to build my most-wanted packages first.
>
> Silly me, I control-C'd.
>
> All the temporary objs in the workobj directory disappeared.

Really?  It shouldn't do that (there is no code to do it), and I wonder how
it happened...

Anyway, to build big sets of packages, you may want to use the 'auto' target,
instead of 'build'.  When you have set it up, start a build with:

pkg_comp auto

and, if you cancel it with ^C, you can resume it later with

pkg_comp auto resume

HTH

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>