Subject: Re: tiff checksum mismatch
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2004 15:53:39
--hwvH6HDNit2nSK4j

* On 2004-04-16 at 15:42 BST, Gavan Fantom wrote:

> When fetched by nbftp via a direct internet connection, the
> file ends up with \n at the end of every line.
>=20
> When fetched through an HTTP proxy, at least the one I use at
> work, the file ends up with \r\n at the end of every line.

Yes, I had this a lot.  Basically, squid (or whatever) cannot
determine the correct file type when retrieving from FTP.

I work around this by setting http_proxy to point to our squid,
but leaving ftp_proxy unset and socksify'ing ftp.  I no longer
get the ~30 checksum mismatches per bulk build I used to, from
text files with 8bit characters in them retreived using squid
from an FTP site.

Cheers,

--=20
Jonathan Perkin                         <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>