Subject: Re: libstdc++ problems on Linux
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Ben Collver <collver1@comcast.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/14/2004 07:16:09
If you are using Slackware 9.1, you might have run into the same problem I
have.  Here is a brute force workaround:

1)
Remove all your packages that have libtool libraries that depend on libstdc++.

2)
cd /usr/lib
cp libstdc++.la libstdc++.la.orig
sed <libstdc++.la.orig >libstdc++.la -e 's,^\(libdir.*\)/.,\1,'

3)
Rebuild the packages that you removed.

Cheers,

Ben