Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/audit-packages
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/12/2004 14:10:32
--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 02:23:27PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > You're right - I just changed the logic to do just that.  Except, of
> > course, for SunOS and AIX, which explicitly need to regen the page using
> > 'nroff -man'.  (The pregenerated page is 'mandoc'.)
>=20
> Sorry, I don't understand -- man and mandoc are the input
> formats, not the output format.

Hmm, well, maybe badly phrased or a misunderstanding on my part.  The
point was this:

Under SunOS or AIX, in order to produce a .0 catman page the package
called 'nroff -man page.1 > page.0'.  Under NetBSD (and all other OS),
it would have called 'nroff -mandoc page.1 > page.0'.

I therefore assumed that SunOS and AIX do need to regenerate the page.0
so as to render it correctly.  If that is not the case, and they will
happily use the pre-generated .0 page, the better.  (I don't have access
to a SunOS or AIX machine to test this, though.)

-Jan

--=20
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip--