Subject: Re: archivers/pax and sys/mtio.h
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/11/2004 06:33:40
Todd Vierling wrote:

> For now, but perhaps it would be better to find out what one of the vital
> #defines in <sys/tape.h> is that makes the fixup valid, and do something
> like:
>
> #if HAVE_SYS_MTIO_H || (HAVE_SYS_TAPE_H && define(SOME_TAPE_H_DEFINE))

The file tape_h_fixup.h was introduced for AIX if I remember correctly.
AIX seems to support similar commands but with a different name. Such a
simple mapping of names will not be possible on Unixware. Even GNU
tar seems not to support tape drives on Unixware, at least I could not
find any of the ioctl definitions from sys/tape.h in the GNU tar archive.

Amanda has some support for Unixware and in time I might take a closer
look at that. Someone else will have to test, there's no tape drive
attached to the box.

ciao
     Klaus