Subject: Re: gtk2 build failure under Linux
To: Robert Lillack <lillack@mis.mpg.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/2004 19:24:12
On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:49:05PM +0200, Robert Lillack wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > trying multiple times a 'bmake' finally built it,
>
> [...]
>
> > Memory fault
>
> [...]
>
> Ouch! That looks like a hardware error.

No, it's not (and it can't be since the machine is rock solid under NetBSD).

But I found the real problem, which is caused by pdksh.  I installed pdksh,
set SH=${LOCALBASE}/bin/pdksh in my mk.conf, hoping that it could be faster
than /bin/bash (which is noticeably slower while parsing scripts).  It worked
fine for all dependencies, but it broke with that long line in gtk2's build.
I just found another problem during gnome-vfs2's installation... so I went
back to using /bin/sh, i.e., bash... :(

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>