Subject: Re: pkgsrc/lang/perl58: libperl is not found
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/05/2004 17:07:18
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> When I compile and install pkgsrc/lang/perl58 on IRIX 5.3, the perl58
> binary does not find libperl.so (actually located under
> ${LOCALBASE}/lib/perl5/5.8.3/mipseb-irix5.3/CORE/libperl.so)
> Does this problem occur on other platforms as well? Any suggestions
> which it does occur with IRIX 5.3?

I had similar issue with BSD/OS.

I was told in October to add the following to patches/patch-aa:

       bsdos)
               xxx="-Wl,-Rshrpdir"
               ;;

But that was for lang/perl5/patches/patch-aa, not perl58.

The problem for you maybe is PERL_ARCHLIB is not set to mipseb-irix5.3.
Look at patches/patch-aa. And then look at code to see what defines that.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/