Subject: Re: Packages Collection on Multi-CPU Systems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: James Jacocks <jjacocks@mac.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2004 16:46:27
Indeed, that seems to be the case.  I have the best success (although
not more than 25%) by doing a "bmake config; bmake -j9 build; bmake
install" on a package whose dependencies have already been satisfied.

This is definitely a significant issue on boxes like mine; I have 8
relatively slow processors.

Thanks!