Subject: pkgsrc on IRIX 5.3: inclusion of vsnprintf, regex.h, fnmatch?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2004 22:16:38
I'm trying to port pkgsrc to IRIX 5.3. While I have already made some
progress (over 100 packages so far), a number of packages assume the
availability of either  vsnprintf, regex.h, or fnmatch (none of which is
provided by IRIX 5.3; are there any other OSes that face the same
problem?).
What would be the best way to deal with this?
I was thinking of adding, for each of the missing libs, an additional
package that would bild them, if required. For platforms that require so
(such as IRIX 5.3) a respective dependency could be added to any package
that needs it.
Do you think this sound like a good approach?
Regardless how it is being integrated, could you suggest which sources I
should use for vsnprintf, regex.h, and fnmatch, respectively?
For fnmatch, GNU inetutils contain some sources, but there are maybe
better places to take them from?
For regex, there is a very old GNU implementation. I am not sure if this
is a good idea to use.
For vsnprintf I unfortunately don't know an open source implementation.
Could maybe the NetBSD sources of the respective libs be used?
Suggestions and support would be apprciated. Thanks.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442