Subject: Re: AkKit anyone?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Adam C. Migus <adam@migus.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/2003 20:06:02
On Monday 29 December 2003 05:20 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Adam C. Migus wrote:
> > I have created the packages necessary to bring Axkit into pkgsrc.
> > From the web site (http://axkit.org):  "Apache AxKit is an XML
> > Application Server for Apache."
>
> You may want to talk to Eric Gillespie (epg AT netbsd.org). I believe
> he has AxKit experience and may be interested in this.
>
> > textproc/p5-Perl-Tidy:
> > 	p5-Perl-Tidy-20031021 Parses and beautifies perl source
> >
> > www/p5-AxKit:
> > 	p5-AxKit-1.6.2      AxKit is an XML Application Server for Apache
>
> I am not sure, but maybe these should not be named with prefix "p5-".

They're both Perl modules so I went with p5-${DISTNAME}.  Also FWIW this
remains consistent with the FreeBSD port which also uses p5-AxKit.  As
of today they have AxKit-1.6.1 which doesn't require Perl-Tidy so I
could only guess they'd opt to do the same with it.

> How do we choose these names?

I think generally if it's a Perl module (runs `perl Makefile.PL' to
build itself) then it's a p5 prefixed package...  Just a guess based on
observation.

> Also, you may want to consider importing to pkgsrc-wip for testing
> your packages in progress.

Sounds fine to me.

>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://bsd.reedmedia.net/