Subject: mixing pkgsrc and distro packages under Linux
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@dioranews.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/24/2003 16:06:58
Hi :)

I'm learning how to use pkgsrc under Slackware.
I have one little question that I can't find the answer for.
I'm trying to build graphics/mplayer but it needs CDParanoia (as a
dependency). The thing is that I already have CDParanoia installed as a
Slackware package... is there a way to tell pkgsrc where it can find the
corresponding CDParanoia libs, so I won't have the same package installed
twice ?
I hope this is understandable, English is not my first language.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Regards,

Antoine