Subject: Re: Bootstrap binary kit for FreeBSD 4.9
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/23/2003 09:30:02
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 07:31:56PM +0100, Michal Pasternak wrote:

> I didn't find information about submitting binary bootstrap packages on
> http://pkgsrc.org . Anyone feels like writing it?

all you need to do is run ./mkbinarykit from othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc
;)

> I can also provide binary bootstrap toolkit for FreeBSD-4.9; I think if we
> both send the kits to someone, who can put them on pkgsrc.org, they propably
> will be placed there faster (no differences in binary delivered from 2
> different people should mean either binaries contain no malicious code[1])

normally we do not accept package submissions from non-developers, but
perhaps we can provide a contrib area where third parties can have
bootstrap-pkgsrc/packages published, with an appropriate disclaimer
(similar to what the mozilla project does).

grant.