Subject: Re: Bootstrap binary kit for FreeBSD 4.9
To: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+tech-pkg@bjan.net>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2003 19:31:56
Bruce J.A. Nourish [Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 11:39:41AM -0700]:
> Would anyone be interested in a bootstrap binary kit for FreeBSD 4.9?
> I can provide one if someone is interested. Are there any instructions
> or special procedures that I need to follow?

Hey, that's magic! That's telepathy even. I was thinking about writing just
the same e-mail, only I've been a bit busy with other pkgsrc-FreeBSD things.

I didn't find information about submitting binary bootstrap packages on
http://pkgsrc.org . Anyone feels like writing it?

I can also provide binary bootstrap toolkit for FreeBSD-4.9; I think if we
both send the kits to someone, who can put them on pkgsrc.org, they propably
will be placed there faster (no differences in binary delivered from 2
different people should mean either binaries contain no malicious code[1])

Take care,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl :: http://winsrc.sf.net

[1] ... or, that those 2 people are cooperating! :)