Subject: Re: xmms and libtool related question
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
From: Ben Collver <collver1@comcast.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2003 18:58:11
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 11:31:07AM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Reading a comment in pkgsrc/mk/defs.NetBSD.mk, I guess /usr/pkg/bin
> /xmms, which calls dlopen(), needs to be linked against libgcc_pic.a.
> This is NetBSD-specific, IIRC.
>
> Maybe xmms's configure/make files are tweaking linker commands and
> miss a line "-lgcc" (or "-lgcc_p"?), which should be automatically
> added by out /usr/bin/gcc?

Reading /usr/pkg/bin/shlibtool I find the libraries and objects that it
links:

predep_objects="/usr/lib/crti.o /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o"
postdep_objects="/usr/lib/crtendS.o /usr/lib/crtn.o"
postdeps="-lstdc++ -lm"

The normal build messages can be read at:
http://backyard.homeunix.net:8080/~ben/pkgsrc/xmms-modplug-build1.txt

I modified modplugxmms/Makefile.in to add "-lgcc_pic" to
libmodplugxmms_la_LDFLAGS.  The build messages from this can be read at:
http://backyard.homeunix.net:8080/~ben/pkgsrc/xmms-modplug-build2.txt
This causes libmodplugxmms.so not to be built.

I installed and read the libtool info, and now I am guessing configure.in
needs AC_LIBTOOL_CXX.  So I'll test that next.

Thank you,

Ben