Subject: bmake maybe should use --with-defshell
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/2003 02:01:18
It is nice that we can use different SH for platforms with broken /bin/sh
in pkgsrc. (Well almost ... I need to commit patch to use CONFIG_SHELL to
run autoconf (GNU_CONFIGURE) configure scripts.)

But bmake (by default) still uses /bin/sh so I see errors from bmake like:
 type: not found
 test: syntax error

bmake's configure has an option --with-defshell=SHELL

But that configure only really wants */sh or */ksh.

It should be improved so it will accept */bash too. And also if SHELL is
unknown, then warn but continue and default to /bin/sh.

(Using ksh works good for me on BSD/OS. I used --with-defshell=${SH}.)

Also I got rid of that NetBSD platform restriction. bmake builds and works
fine (other than manpage) for Linux and BSD/OS.

Also, this should be done in bootstrap-pkgsrc too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/