Subject: using bulk build mechanism for a pre-selected list of packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/09/2003 15:04:12
Is there a way to use the bulk build mechanism to only install a
pre-selected list of packages?

For example, I'd like to use the bulk build scripts to attempt build the
packages as defined in doc/STATUS as supported, fully supported and
maybe later, yowza.

I don't have time or resources on this system to do the complete bulk
builds.

The Packages.txt mentions example of using pre-build.local to stop from
building packages, but I'd rather not waste time listing nearly every
package.

Also, Packages.txt mentions that /usr/pkg will be completely deleted.
Can't a bulk build be done with alternative PKG_DBDIR, LOCALBASE, and
X11BASE settings so it won't touch current packages installation?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/