Subject: Re: spamd perl problems in spamassassin-2.60nb2 ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.dez.drei@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2003 19:45:38
Christopher W. Richardson wrote:

> Ignore that last question; I still can't find any explicit items
> in my path that violate this characteristic, but setting the path
> to empty got it working, and I'll try and track down the actual
> problem at a later date.

The package installs a file /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/spamd which I recommend
to use for starting spamd. Just copy it to /etc/rc.d/ manually and add
"spamd=YES" to /etc/rc.conf.

This script sets the PATH and I am not aware of problems with the
setting.
It also increases the limit of open files (to 128 by default; you can
set 'spamd_fdlimit' to the desired value in /etc/rc.conf) for spamd
because the default of 64 on a stock NetBSD systems can be too small if
you use a few custom rules with DNS blacklists.

ciao
     Klaus