Subject: Re: mk/compiler.mk
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2003 20:11:04
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/04/2003 09:26:37

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>And gcc3 (3.3) is older than the gcc3-counterparts (3.3.2). These should
>be kept in sync (using another Makefile.common?) or gcc3 should become a
>meta-package (I can't remember the arguments against that).
	I actually changed the gcc3 package to use 3.3.2 while I was doing
my AIX pkgsrc work.  However, I had to hack compiler.mk to use the
appropriate path to the compiler.  I've got too many other things to do,
but if someone fixes compiler.mk to figure out the compiler prefix
according to the actual version installed then I'll check in my changes.

eric