Subject: Re: htdig-3.1.6 doesn't build
To: Murray Armfield <murray@river-styx.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/2003 18:25:13
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Murray Armfield wrote:

> Just a quick question, is it things like this that are supposed to be
> picked up during the pkgsrc freeze? I'm a bit confused about the pkgsrc
> freeze process. I had this issue just around the start of the pkgsrc
> freeze but didn't say anything (probably should have) as I thought it
> would have come out on the first bulk build of pkgsrc on NetBSD-current.

The freeze was mostly for the benefit of 1.6.2, so that's the platform
that the bulk builds were done one. I committed a few other fixes for
gcc3 that I caught myself, without objection, but I missed this one.

> > I also tried with -Wno-deprecated as recommended in the htdig FAQ (since
> > I'm using gcc 3.3.2), but it didn't help. Any clues?

Where were you adding it? I just committed a change that lets it
build for me, on current as of November 19; without, it wouldn't
even configure.

Frederick