Subject: Re: trouble compiling gcc3 on IRIX64 6.5.20m
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2003 21:03:46
--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

Ryan Cresawn <cresawn@chass.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I did not manually copy an example 'mk.conf' file into '/etc'.  I
> believe the 'bootstrap' command did that for me.

I don't believe that the boostrap command actually copies the example
file into /etc.  It creates the suggested file and does remind you to
copy it over, but doesn't actually do so (which is a good thing!).

> I'm confused about '/etc/compiler.defaults'.  Is that file used if I
> am using gcc-3.3 in '/usr/freeware/bin'?  I assumed, perhaps
> erroneously, that '/etc/compiler.defaults' was used to configure 'cc'.

No, that is correct.  gcc should completely ignore that file.

> I added the two lines you suggested into '/etc/mk.conf', ran 'bmake
> clean' and have just started 'bmake'.  I will write later to report my
> results.

That won't help you.  As I saw from the other messages, there seems to
be an include missing.  I find that odd, given that gcc does, AFAIK,
compile under Irix.  I'll give it a shot some time this or next week on
an Irix system as well to see if I can confirm the problem.

-Jan=20

--=20
'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/--