Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.3 issue
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/23/2003 06:33:42
--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 12:06:57PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Sean Davis wrote:
> > dive@eros:/usr/pkgsrc/mk % ident compiler.mk
> > compiler.mk:
> >      $NetBSD: compiler.mk,v 1.23 2003/11/12 13:13:43 grant Exp $
> >=20
> > The -current gcc version is not ok WRT pkgsrc, unless I need to update
> > -current for the fix in compiler.mk to take effect.
>=20
> Yes, you need to update your -current installation. For current,
> the reported gcc version is as follows:
>=20
> > gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.2 (NetBSD nb1 20031026)
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOS=
E.

=2E.. OK. I'm running a build.sh distribution right now, it'll take a few
hours. BTW, (this is the reason this is CC'd to current-users as well), does
-current crossbuild alpha and sparc64 on i386 ok now? It didn't work the la=
st
time I tried crossbuilding alpha from i386, but that was quite a while ago
(before the gcc3 switch, if i recall correctly)

I ask because the sparc64 and alpha snapshots seem to still be built on
cs20.apochromatic.org, not the one that builds the i386 snapshots...

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!