Subject: EXTRACT_CMD needs EXTRACT_CMD_OPTS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/22/2003 17:01:52
Hi,

I'm trying to port a package, which is distributed as a zipfile. Zipfile
contains proper file names (eg. upper/lowercase letters), while commands for
unzip, defined in bsd.pkg.mk are:

	EXTRACT_CMD.zip?=       ${LOCALBASE}/bin/unzip -Laqo $${extract_file}

Option "-L" automatically converts to lowercase all filenames extractd. This
is *BAD*.

So, to make that source file extract right, I need to supply whole
EXTRACT_CMD.

Don't you think it would be wise rather to write it as:

	EXTRACT_OPTS.zip?=	-Laqo
	EXTRACT_CMD.zip?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/unzip ${EXTRACT_OPTS}.zip

or even some other way, to allow easy overriding of command-line options for
extractors? Currently I can't override default unzip options, and I
definetley _don't_ need -L, it makes my wrksrc broken.

Take care,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl