Subject: Re: different plists on other OSes
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2003 19:00:24
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:35:18AM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:25:54AM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
>
> > 	I've been playing around with using pkgsrc on AIX (4.3), which I've
> > managed to get sort of working.  However, there are (obviously) a few
> > differences compared with using pkgsrc on NetBSD.  One of these is that
> > packages don't always install the same files.
>
> does bootstrap-pkgsrc build cleanly on AIX with the IBM compiler
> and/or gcc?
	almost.  I had to play around a bit with setenv/unsetenv in libnbcompat,
and with ar_io.c in pax.  I got it to build, but I have no way to test the
pax stuff.  For that I had to create a bunch of defines to map from the
mtio.h defines to the tape.h ones, but I don't have a tape drive to see
if it works.  (nor do I have access to use it if there was one. (yet))
	I don't remember which compiler it used.  Probably gcc.

eric