Subject: Re: devel/smpeg build failed because libncurses.* isn't buildlinked
To: Sebastian Prause <sebastian-p@gmx.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/14/2003 07:47:12
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Sebastian Prause wrote:

> i'm trying to install devel/smpeg. unfortuately it fails, because
> it can't find libncurses.la:
>
> [...]
> grep: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/smpeg/work/.buildlink/lib/libncurses.la: No such file or directory

As far as I can tell, smpeg doesn't use any curses. Searching smpeg-0.4.4
source and config* files doesn't mention any "curses".

Maybe another of the dependencies (maybe some other .la file)  accidently
had ncurses included.

I did have same error on Nov. 1 with devel/SDL:

 grep: //tmp/pkgsrc/devel/SDL/work.antelope/.buildlink/lib/libncurses.la:
 No such file or directory

SDL-1.2.6 source has no reference to "curses".

I think I fixed the reference that brought in the "-lncurses". (I can't
remember.) And then SDL built and installed fine. And smpeg built and
installed fine then too.

And today it built and installed fine again (no ncurses). This is also
under Linux.

Try to look through your work/.buildlink files to find which other .la
file brought in the un-needed "-lncurses". And then maybe that can be
fixed.

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/