Subject: Re: hier(7) silent on pkg documentation
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2003 23:39:51
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:10:22 -0500, William Allen Simpson
<wsimpson@greendragon.com> wrote:
> > >       /usr/pkg        - mirrors the structure of /usr with the
> > >                         addition of /etc as /usr/pkg/etc.
> >
> > Hear, hear!  /usr/pkg/var, while we're at it.
> >
> Here I was nodding agreement, and then Whoa!

[point made]

I thought I might learn something by voicing that opinion.  I was right.
Thanks.

I see what you mean about /etc/pkg and tend to agree.  Having opened the
can of worms, though, I'm going to try to put the genie back in the bottle
(stirring the pot of metaphors as I do).  I'd be happy if we just fixed
the documentation location.

--jkl