Subject: location of ispell files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2003 12:01:06
(I BCC'd this email to maintainers of some of the ispell-* packages for
feedback.)

The ispell-* packages install files to lib/, like:
  lib/slovak.aff
  lib/deutsch.hash
  lib/americanmed+.hash

It seems like this should at least have a sub-directory called "ispell".
(For example, Debian does usr/lib/ispell/americanmed+.hash and
usr/lib/ispell/deutsch.hash.)

Or better yet, place in share directory. (Is this something that can be
shared over architectures, if that matters?).

(For example, OpenPKG and FreeBSD ports and various RPMs use
share/ispell/deutsch.hash.)

My ispell's local.h defines LIBDIR as ${PREFIX}/share/ispell.

But other ispell-* packages need to be fixed. And the many hard-coded
references to ispell's files would need to be fixed, like Abiword's
patches/patch-al.

Can we switch to share/ispell/ ? (After pkgsrc freeze is okay with me.)

Any comments?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/