Subject: should ghostscript depend on print/gimp-print-lib ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/29/2003 11:06:17
Should ghostscript depend on print/gimp-print-lib?

I accidently had old libgimpprint that was linked to libintl (which I
didn't need on this system).

So gs built fine (using print/ghostscript-gnu). But didn't work because
missing:

        libintl.so.4 => not found

I could see any reference to libintl in the ghostscript-gnu work directory
other than a error (but didn't stop build) with libgimpprint.

On another system gs also uses
         -lgimpprint.2 => /usr/pkg/lib/libgimpprint.so.2

Should this be added to print/ghostscript-gnu/Makefile.common?

.include "../../print/gimp-print-lib/buildlink2.mk"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-gimp-print # build the gimp-print (stp) driver

Or:
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--without-gimp-print

(Because I think gs is built with it if it exists.)

Or have some mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk option to choose this?

Do you want me to send-pr this?

Do you want me to fix this? (If so, what is suggested default and should I
have an option to choose?)

Please do a ldd of your gs -- do you use gimp-print?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. My fix for libintl error was to remove gimp-print-lib package and
reinstall and remove ghostscript-gnu package and make clean and
re-install.