Subject: Re: recursive "make package"
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Ossi Herrala <oherrala@ee.oulu.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2003 12:20:46
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 01:03:02AM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:

> ...still not there! I want that "make package" in the windowmaker
> directory will build packages for each of: windowmaker, Hermes, jpeg,
> libungif, png and tiff (and all of THEIR dependencies, recursively).

Yes, it doesn't build if it's already there. And you need to tarup the
package right after installation so that files doesn't get changed, etc.
This is quick hack for what you want:

# pkg_delete -r windowmaker

	Check the man page of pkg_delete(1) for information about -r and
	-R. Use which one you like more.

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/wm/windowmaker
# make package

	Now because windowmaker and it's depencies are not installed those
	are going to be compiled and packed as you wanted. Of course
	pkg_delete will recursively delete packages and 'make package'
	will rebuild them to make those packages.

Another possibility is to use chroot. I have never tried it but there
seems to be some information at

	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/binary.html

The idea is to build sandbox where is no packages installed. So you
don't have to remove any packages and you can build everything and make
packages.

I hope this helps and please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Ossi Herrala, OH8HUB
Personal PGP key at http://stekt.oulu.fi/~oherrala/pgp.asc