Subject: Re: recursive "make package"
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/2003 20:48:33
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Louis Guillaume wrote:

> It seems there was some discussion about this a couple years ago, but I
> can't find a workaround or fix anywhere...
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2000/04/27/0006.html

Strange. This last week of building packages with "bmake package" ..
whenever it built a dependency it package it up (and cleaned too).

If the DEPENDS_TARGET is not set, then it becomes "package". (So each
dependency is packaged up.)

> I saw something about adding "DEPENDS_TARGET?=package" to /etc/mk.conf,
> but that doesn't seem to do anything.

That should package up any dependency that it builds and installs. (It
works for me.)

Maybe you already have the dependency previously installed?

> ===> Extracting for wget-1.8.2nb1

> ... where's it getting the list of "Required" packages from? I can't
> seem to find a reference to perl or libtool-base anywhere in the wget
> distribution. I've checked the Makefile and all the *.mk files. How does
> this work?

perl is pulled in because of the:
USE_PERL5=		build

libtool-base is from