Subject: Re: Samba 3.0.1 - anybody working on it?
To: J. Buck Caldwell <netbsd@bitparts.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/2003 00:40:32
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> Is there anyone working to add Samba 3.x to pkgsrc? I'm getting ready to
> test out replacing all of our NetWare with Samba, but I want to wait
> until 3.x and NetBSD are ready for each other. Any timeframe would be
> helpfull.

I upgraded samba3 in pkgsrc-wip to samba-3.0.1pre1. It needs more testing
and cleanup.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Please note that I have been told that samba3 works with NetBSD's native
Heimdal kerberos too. But my package currently uses mit-krb as found in
pkgsrc-wip. A better buildlink2.mk file is needed.

Thank you,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/