Subject: pkgsrc on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/09/2003 14:19:51
I'm thinking of using pkgsrc on Solaris 8 and 9 on sparc machines with
64-bit kernels, but I'd like to know if (and how?) I can force this
environment to build both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries and binaries.

(I'm happy to run make twice with different environment or
/etc/mk.conf content, but I'd really prefer not to have to boot a
32-bit kernel just to build 32-bit stuff.)

I use FreeBSD ports extensively, and have also used NetBSD pkgsrc and
OpenBSD ports, and thought pkgsrc might be more consistent and
convenient than (waiting for) SunFreeware....

--
Christopher Vance