Subject: Re: I want X clients to install under X11BASE
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2003 16:05:12
[ On Monday, October 6, 2003 at 09:58:30 (+0700), Robert Elz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: I want X clients to install under X11BASE
>
>   | Several times now I've thought maybe readlink(2) support should be
>   | included in stat(1),
>
> Hmmm ...  RTFM ...

I did, but I was only looking for '-*' option flags, not deeper features

> delta$ /usr/bin/stat -f %Y /sys
> usr/src/sys

and that feature is perfect!  Thanks for the hint!

(now I wonder when I can begin to rely on every platform I use to have a
compatible stat(1) command?  :-)

>   | Either way I think readlink(1) is a waste of a directory
>   | entry in any bin directory!  ;-)
>
> Then delete it ... readlink and stat are the same binary, if you don't
> like the second name, it is your bin directory...

There's no readlink (yet) on the netbsd-1-6 branch:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/stat /usr/bin/readlink
ls: /usr/bin/readlink: No such file or directory
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  166966 Aug 29 14:21 /usr/bin/stat

--
						Greg A. Woods