Subject: pkgsrc freeze before branching
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/04/2003 14:29:54
This is to inform you that we intend to freeze pkgsrc, starting on
Monday 6th October 2003, as part of a stabilisation period before a
branch is made.

A "freeze" means that we will be concentrating on:

+ shaking bugs out of the existing pkgsrc infrastructure for all
platforms supported by pkgsrc

+ eliminating all "broken" packages - a "broken" package is one that
does not build, install or de-install cleanly (as determined by bulk
builds on NetBSD/i386), and

+ reducing the number of unclosed pkg category PRs

We'd like to ask for your understanding if a new package submission
isn't added straight away.

Thanks,
Alistair

On behalf of the NetBSD pkgsrc team