Subject: Re: Trying pkgsrc on Solaris 8/sparc
To: Dima Veselov <kab00m@lich.phys.spbu.ru>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2003 20:48:24
On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:32:47PM +1000, grant beattie wrote:

> I suspect you'll have to trudge through the code to figure out what's
> going on - I don't have any great ideas off the top of my head. maybe
> someone who knows the perl configure stuff can lend a clue?

hmm, it seems to use an 'interesting' test in hints/solaris_2.sh,
circa line 228. it assumes GNU ld if neither of the strings:

	/usr/ccs/bin/ld
	ld: Software Generation Utilities

are found in "gcc -v -o ..." output. what does "ld -V" report on
your system?

you can probably run some tests using the block of shell script in
hints/solaris_2.sh to isolate what is going wrong. please let me know
what you find :)

g.