Subject: Re: Netatalk 1.6.2 locking errors on -current?
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/02/2003 01:13:36
At 18:08 Uhr +0900 1.10.2003, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
>> Are you sure netatalk isn't just broken in current? You did say you
>> had a 1.6ZC kernel?
>> > [1] Should not a 'cc -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/openssl' look in
>> > /usr/include _first_? Or am I totally off the track?
>> I don't get it, either.
>
>	openssl recommends against using /usr/include/openssl.  all #include
>	should be like #include <openssl/bn.h>.

Quite so. Unfortuantely, the netatalk source files in question #include
<des.h>, and in spite of 'cc -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/openssl' the
openssl version gets included. Just to see, I edited out all occurrences of
'-I/usr/include/openssl' from the Makefile, and the compile ended up
including the <kerberosIV/des.h> instead of <des.h>.

Queer.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign