Subject: Re: BUILD_USES_LEX and BUILD_USES_YACC
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2003 20:16:27
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:03:25AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > > Maybe we can have BUILD_USES_LEX and BUILD_USES_YACC settings too.
> >
> > Shouldn't this rather be added to tools.mk?
>
> Sounds good. I have only used that for gmake.
>
> Where is tools.mk documented?

It's included automatically. I think the code is currently
the only documentation, you can find it in mk/tools.mk.
Direct questions to grant@, he wrote it :)

> > You can set
> > BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.flex=	build
> > if the PKGNAME (and BUILDLINK_PACKAGES+= -value) is flex.
>
> I am not sure I understand.
>
> Where would that be defined?

Anywhere in the buildlink2.mk file.

> Do you have any example (maybe for devel/bonobo-activation) which can
> make it BUILD_DEPENDS for flex and bison?

Just make an appropriate buildlink2.mk file for flex and add
the line I mentioned to make it a build-depends (for an example for
that in use, look at e.g. x11/render/buildlink2.mk).
 Thomas